CF Kids Policies
Posted on October 10, 2017
CrossFit Duratus Kids Policies and Procedures for the safety of your child and the efficacy of their CrossFit class experience.
As previously stated, your child’s safety is paramount to the coaches, and it is with this focus I need your help. Below are some rules that we must enforce as a CrossFit Community to best protect your child; please:
1. Walk your children inside the building for the start of the class, and come inside the building to pick them up.
2. Until I get to know all of you and your children by name, please sign your child in and out with the head coach so I can ensure they are going home with the appropriate person.
3. Immediately notify the head coach if you see anyone in the parking lot or in the gym who does not belong there.
4. Unless pre-arranged with the head coach, the children are only allowed to go home with the person who drops them off.
5. Bring your children to the designated Kid area (the loft area above the main workout floor), where the head coach will meet them and take them onto the gym floor for the day’s class.
6. Class/membership fees are noted in the “Become” section of the website. for CF kids. Punch cards will be kept at the gym and can be used by multiple children (siblings, friends, etc.).
7. A waiver, signed by a parent or legal guardian, is required for each child before he or she is allowed to participate in a class. The waiver system for CF Duratus is online. Go to www.crossfitduratus.com and click on the waiver flag at bottom of home page.
8. Ensure your child has a bottle of water, or a bottle that can be filled up at the drinking fountain. Don’t forget to put your child’s name on it!
9. Ensure your children are wearing clothes appropriate for running, jumping, rolling, pulling, swinging, climbing, crawling, throwing, and being upside down.
10. If you choose to stay and watch the class (which I hope you do!), please do not coach your child.
11. Children with disciplinary problems: first warning-free of consequence, second warning-sit out the first two minutes of the game, third warning-go to the parent or sit quietly for entirety of game.
12 .Finally, please make the head coach aware of any special needs for your children that may facilitate their individual safety, learning, and growth (i.e., medications, illness, physical/mental limitations, injury, sports, etc.).