Covid 19 Phase 2 Protocols
Posted on May 28, 2020
Dūrātus COVID19 reopening protocols
After 10 weeks of mandated closure - Dūrātus is set to reopen. Given the ongoing reality of the COVID19 pandemic, how we reopen will look very different. The below will highlight our phase 2 opening framework and Business/Customer protocols. Although strict, these guidelines commensurate with local/state health authorities and the CDC.
- The Dūrātus class schedule will remain very consistent to the pre-closure schedule with the potentiality of additional classes added. Classes will be designed to be completed in a 50 minute window to allow for proper cleaning and social distancing.
- Classes will be capped at 5 people and we will be implementing an RSVP system with a cap on the number of classes each member can initially sign up for.
- 2 concurrent classes will be operating in delineated spaces of the gym floor at the same time. All class participants must stay in their designated areas.
- In order to maintain appropriate social distancing - we are asking all members to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to the start of their given class. Members should wait for the start of their class in the mezzanine area. Members will enter the building from the normal east facing door, but should leave the west facing door and walk around the building to their vehicle. This flow will help to reduce unneeded contact. If open, the garage doors are an appropriate place to enter and exit the building as well.
- At no point should total number of people in the gym building exceed 35 people (30% of total occupancy - 115)
- Open gym will not be available at this time, but we hope to open this as soon as is appropriate. This includes “extra work” being done during the operation of another class.
- At the beginning of each class, all members will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and asked to leave if they are exhibiting any of the symptoms.
- As much as we love being together - the gym building will not be a place to congregate before or after classes. Pre/post class conversations can take place in the parking lot given social distancing guidelines are followed.
- Throughout phase 2 - coaches will only use verbal and visual cueing for instruction. We will not use tactile cues and would recommend that members do not touch each other.
- Showers will not be available during phase 2. Bathroom use should be limited as much as possible and only for washing hands and use of the toilet.
- We love your kids, but we will have to ask that they are not brought to the gym at this time. Our kids room will not be open.
- Although face masks will not be required for our members, they are advised and permissible.
- High risk and Immune compromised individuals can request a special one-to-one coaching during phase 2. We will work to fulfill the request as much as is possible.
- Duratus will provide a hand sanitizer station in each of the delineated class areas.
- High risk clients are not permitted as part of Phase 2 re-opening. High risk clients include people over the age of 65, people with serious underlying medical conditions like chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma and people who are immunocompromised.
- Customers should not attend any classes if they have been infected with of exposed to COVID-19 until they have been cleared by a medical professional or are symptom free for 14 days.
- Customers will be asked to leave if they have any of the following symptoms
- Fever over 100.0 without medication to reduce fever or cold symptoms
- Unusual cough (not attributable to another health condition)
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath (not attributable to another health condition such as asthma)
- Muscle aches (myalgias) (not related to exercise or another health condition)
- Customers are responsible to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Customers will use facility provided hand sanitizer upon entrance to the facility and prior to entering the training floor. This will be confirmed by the trainer.
- Customers will wipe down/sanitize all equipment before/after each use. Coach of each class (acting COVID-19 site supervisor) will ensure members follow proper cleaning protocol.