Covid-19 Update (4/29/2020)
Posted on March 22, 2020
May 4th is approaching and we still have not received word, when exactly we can open back up for business. We will certainly reach out once we have more solid information. Until then, we continue to venture into the unknown and wait for further direction.
Here are a few things that we do know:
- We are incredibly thankful for the outpouring of kindness from our Dūrātus community. So many have offered help, kind words, and continued support. Seriously, thank you!
- Many people have been deeply impacted in the last few months. Sickness, losing loved ones, loss of jobs, feelings of isolation, derailed plans and the list goes on and on. Everyone's life has been changed - for some it's been profound and for others minor, but the reality is, we are all together in this reality. Regardless of how or the depth to which you have been affected, please know that we are with you and we will continue to be relentless in our service and care for our members.
- We will be OK. We have tried to use this as our mantra from the very beginning and will continue to operate with this as our foundational belief. Things will be OK. Yes - we will have to work through the devastation of this virus and "normal" might be different than what we thought 6 months ago, but we will choose an outlook of hope and a posture of resiliency.
- When we do open things will likely be different. Again, we are not sure how, but it's a safe bet that there will be some unique challenges/regulations we will have to work through. Our staff is in communication about our reopening plan and we will pivot whenever/however we need to best serve our members.
A few answers to the questions that you likely have:
*Memberships - our plan is to keep your membership the same as it was last month, unless we hear otherwise. Before I give any more information, please recognize that managing all the membership changes in the last month has been a monumental task happily and diligently performed by Brit. Please thank her for her tireless work next time you see her.
- Last month we offered three different membership scenarios - a short term membership hold, a 50% reduced membership fee, or continue to pay at the contracted price. You have the freedom to choose what is best for you right now. We know many of you have experienced significant income loss and will need to pause for a time, please know you are still a member with us and we will help as long as we can! Some needed just a little financial breathing room and a half-priced membership was a good way to continue to support local business, while creating some room in an unknown time. And still others, whether financially affected or not, chose to keep paying at their contracted price. Thank you so much!
- The dues that we were able to receive this month helped to ensure we could pay our staff and our bills for April. We are confident moving into May that we will be OK and are again committing to pay the Dūrātus staff their regular monthly pay. Like stated above - we will keep all memberships the same through May unless we hear directly from you via email. Please know that we are more than willing to work with any of our members that might need help in this time.
*Equipment - With the exception of the GHDs and a few really heavy Kbs, the gym is empty. All of our equipment has been loaned out and is hopefully being put to good use in members' garages and homes. At this point, we are not planning an equipment swap, unless we get word of a longer "stay home" timeline. We hope you can find contentment in the equipment you do have knowing its a short term fix.
*Dūrātus@Home - we will continue to provide daily workouts and daily live coaching/instruction. The programming is posted on the website and the live coaching can be found at our members only instagram page @cfdathome. If you have any trouble accessing either, please contact email@example.com and she can help navigate you.
Lastly, keep your eyes up and stay focused on what's in front of you. All we can control is our attitude and individuals actions - everything else is beyond our scope. It's exhausting to try and hold on to things that were not meant to be carried. Give your time to working on the things that you can control and take care of yourself and those around you.